ABOUT THE DOWNTOWN RUTLAND PARTNERSHIP
Our purpose is to manage, market and maintain the Downtown Rutland Special Benefits District and advance those activities that will improve the vitality of the business community and enhance the cultural and physical climate of the district.
A standing committee comprised of the President, President-Elect, Treasurer, and Secretary. The committee’s function is to:
- advise, assist, and support the Executive Director.
- recommend an employment contract for the Executive Director to the Board.
- review overhead and payroll budgets prior to presentation to the Board.
- under exceptional circumstances, authorize actions on behalf of the Board of Directors on urgent matters which must be decided before the next Board Meeting.
Business Development Committee
The Business Development Committee shall develop, review and advocate programs to attract new businesses and investments to Downtown.
Efforts are targeted at increasing consumer traffic in Downtown Rutland with the ultimate goal of increasing consumer spending in all segments of the membership. The committee should:
- develop marketing programs annually that promote the Downtown area within the context of a long-range plan.
- identify and develop appropriate marketing niches within the Downtown area.
- review all marketing programs prior to implementation.
Special Events Committee
The goal of this committee is to assist in the planning, development and execution of special events hosted by the DRP in Downtown Rutland.
Members work to maintain and improve a clean and attractive appearance in all public spaces and physical amenities in the district. The committee should:
- determine the level of service currently provided by Rutland City and recommend programs to enhance those services.
- identify areas of concern among Downtown members as they relate to the physical environment.
- advocate a physical environment that encourages a positive perception of the Downtown district by members of the district, visitors and shoppers.
- recommend and review all Downtown Rutland Partnership’s planned downtown improvements.
- coordinate with services currently provided by Rutland City and advocate programs to enhance those services.